Faculty of Nursing
This position is a one-year appointment, with the possibly of extension, and offers a comprehensive benefits package which can be viewed at: https://www.ualberta.ca/faculty-and-staff/employee-benefits
The Influence of Context on Implementation and Improvement (ICII) project is situated under the umbrella of the Translating Research in Elder Care (TREC) research program at the University of Alberta. TREC is a pan-Canadian and international longitudinal health services and knowledge translation program of applied research. It is multi-disciplinary with 40 researchers from 8 universities and 20 core decision makers; it functions in an integrated KT or partnered model. We have long standing relationships with stakeholders, end users, policy makers and our citizen advisory group. TREC maintains a cohort of 94 nursing homes and has a world-class database that has been running continuously for 13 years. Additional information about the TREC research program is available at the following URL: https://trecresearch.ca/
The Project Coordinator will be responsible for the day-to-day coordination of the newly funded CIHR grant The Influence of Context on Implementation and Improvement (ICII). This is a longitudinal mixed methods series of secondary analyses focused on the foundational theme of context with some emphasis on facilitation (both core constructs in the PARIHS implementation framework), spanning 13 years of data. The project uses a complex and lock stepped set of integrated expert panels including an external panel of international experts. Thus project activities and deliverables must run on time.
The Project Coordinator will work under the direction of the Scientific Director based at the Faculty of Nursing, University of Alberta.
- Develops, maintains and updates detailed project timelines, milestones and deliverables
- Proactively anticipates project issues and develops strategies for resolution on an ongoing basis to ensure successful project completion
- Provides leadership and guidance to research sites to ensure that each project is in compliance with sponsor timelines, study protocols, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), ethics guidelines and other applicable regulatory requirements
- Monitors, assesses, and manages project status on an ongoing basis to ensure project objectives are met in a timely, cost-efficient manner
- Develops and monitors a risk management strategy
- Develops and monitors an accountability framework
- Develops the study and standard operational protocols to reflect the requirements of the project and monitors to ensure continuing relevancy and safety
- Maintains a virtual working platform and ensures investigators and postdoctoral fellows have adequate access to this platform and to the necessary tele and video communications
- Monitors data flow from the TREC measurement system to analytic files; monitors and identifies trends and/or inconsistencies and provide solutions to identified issues
- Monitors sites’ use of the virtual analytic and project work spaces, trouble shoots and provides solution to any issues or problems as they arise
- Prepares feedback reports for stakeholders, working with the data unit and analyst; evaluates feedback sessions
- Prepares and executes sub-granting agreements with other universities
- Completes institutional ethics approvals
- Organizes and participates in regular meetings of the research team to discuss each stage of the project, takes minutes, prepares reports etc.
- Arranges all travel (there are numerous team meetings and expert panel meetings)
- Responsible for ICII's $2M budget
- Develops and monitors project budget
- Performs variance explanation and regular forecasting
- Compiles and submits financial reports
- Completes required project reports to funding agency
- In collaboration with other team members, produces reports for the different panels to refine the analyses in a series of action cycles, support the writing of scientific papers etc. – ensuring reports are delivered in a timely manner
- Assists in the preparation of publications, posters, presentations, technical and dissemination reports and briefings for different stakeholder groups
- Creates and/or reviews materials and communications prepared by project team members and provides appropriate feedback when necessary. Supports team members with their communication and contacts with Sites and receipt and dissemination of study materials
- Recruits and hires project staff
- Supervises all staff and trainees working as staff including their performance management and appraisal
- Master's degree in a relevant discipline
- Project management certification highly desirable
- 5 years of related project management experience with research projects in a university setting including working with confidential data
- Experience working with a complex team of researchers, stakeholders, trainees, external experts and trainees
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast paced team environment and to multi-task while remaining organized
- Must be able to work independently and proactively
- Demonstrated superior written and oral communication and problem-solving skills; detail oriented
- Must have experience supervising staff and trainees and experience with HR duties including performance management
- Must have successful budget management experience
- High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
How to Apply
Note: Online applications are accepted until midnight Mountain Standard Time of the closing date.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
The University of Alberta is committed to an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workforce. We welcome applications from all qualified persons. We encourage women; First Nations, Métis and Inuit persons; members of visible minority groups; persons with disabilities; persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expression; and all those who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas and the University to apply.